Welcome to 1J
Our connector this Autumn A term is
'Under the sea'.
During this connector, we will be learning about the oceans and sea creatures. The children will be using maps, globes, non-fiction books and stories to support their learning. They will be visiting the London Sea Life Aquarium on Tuesday 3rd of October 2017, which will bring to life their learning.
The children will learn to count forwards and backwards starting from different numbers. They will learn to read and write numbers in numerals and words. They will also be counting and learning to use the language more and less.
Children will begin to learn about creatures that live under the sea. They will name and identify the creatures and label their body parts.
This term we will be learning about using software to create a picture. We will learn how to use the software to make different effects.
In R.E/PSHE we will be learning about 'Special Times'. We will talk about our own special times and explain why they were special.
- Read with your child regularly and discuss their books.
- Read some non-fiction books about seas and oceans.
- Talk about what they have learnt at school.
- Practise counting forwards and backwards.
Home Reading Books
- We have a rota for changing the children's books. We will be aiming to change at least 6 children's books each day.
- Please bring your book bag every day.
Please make sure your child has their P.E kit in school on P.E days (Monday).
We go to the library on Tuesday every week. Please make sure you have your library book in school so that it can be changed.