Welcome to 1P
Our connector this Spring B term is
During this connector, we will be learning about the history of the postal system, starting from 2000 years ago until the present day. We will be investigating the features and layout of letters as well as writing letters to a character in a 'Traditional Story'. We will also be printing and be using patterns in Art.
The children will be learning to measure lengths and height. They will also be counting in 2's, 5's and 10's and learn about place value.
The children will be learning about everyday materials including wood, metal, plastic and paper. The children will also be science investigators.
- Read with your child regularly and discuss their books.
- Read some non-fiction books about seas and oceans.
- Talk about what they have learnt at school.
- Practise counting forwards and backwards.
Home Reading Books
- We have a rota for changing the children's books. We will be aiming to change at least 6 children's books each day.
- Please bring your book bag every day.
Please make sure your child has their P.E kit in school on P.E days (Thursday).