Welcome to 1P
Our connector this Summer B term is
During this connector, we will revisit the changing seasons with a particular focus on summer. Our Geography unit will provide children with the opportunity to explore the United Kingdom by looking at individual countries, capital cities, human and physical features along with comparing and contrasting the capital cities of London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast in detail.
During this half term the children will be learning to recognise, find and name a half as one of two equal parts of an object, shape or quantity. Additionally, they will be learning to recognise, find and name a quarter as one of four equal parts of an object, shape or quantity. They will also be learning to recognise and know the value of different denominations of coins and notes, as well as learning to tell the time to the hour and half past.
Children will be using 'Movie Maker', iPads and the 'Green Screen' software to create a travel guide.
- Read with your child regularly and discuss their books.
- Read some non-fiction books about seas and oceans.
- Talk about what they have learnt at school.
- Practise counting forwards and backwards.
Home Reading Books
- We have a rota for changing the children's books. We will be aiming to change at least 6 children's books each day.
- Please bring your book bag every day.
Please make sure your child has their P.E kit in school on P.E days (Thursday).