Welcome to 1SO web page
- Our connector this Autumn A term is
- 'Under the sea'.
- During this connector we will be learning about the oceans and sea creatures. The children will be using maps, globes, non fiction books and stories to support their learning. They will be visiting the London Sea Life Aquarium. The dates will be announced soon. This trip will bring to life their learning. Their learning will culminate with them creating a fish and an under the sea world.
The children will learn to count forwards and backwards starting from different numbers. They will learn to read and write numbers in numerals and words. They will also be counting and learning to use the language more and less.
Children will begin to learn about creatures that live under the sea.They will name and identify the creatures and label their body parts.
This term we will be learning about using software to create a picture.We will learn how to use the software to make different effects.
In RE/PSHE we will be learning about 'Special Times'. We will talk about our own special times and explain why they were special.
- Read with your child regularly and discuss their books.
- Read some non fiction books about seas and oceans.
- Talk about what they have learnt at school.
- Practise counting forwards and backwards.
- Our aim is to ensure the children have a smooth transition from Fondation Stage to Key Stage1.The year 1 curriculum builds upon and extends the xperiences that children had in Reception.Learning through play will continue to be an important part of the school day, and the children will gradually be esed into more formal learning as the term goes on so that they remain motivated, enthused and eager to learn.
P.E. will be on Tuesday and Thursday
Remember your P.E. kit on Tuesday and Thursday.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit and each item is clearly labelled.
Please ensure that your book bag is in school every day.
The secret password this term is 'Sea'.