Welcome to 1SO web page
- Our connector this Summer 1term is
- 'Flower Power'.
- During this connector we will be learning about
- the changing seasons.
- We will also be creating non fiction pages about plants .
- In addition, the children will be doing observational drawing and learning about the artist Georgia O'Keefe. As part of out D&T topic, we will be creating imaginary plants.
- Our connector will involve lots of investigations, including growing our own plants.
The children will learn to count, read and write numbers to 100 and beyond in numerals and words.
They will be using the language 'more than' and 'less than'. They will be solving Maths problems using the four operations.
Mental Maths will include counting forwards and backwards, adding numbers to 20 and counting in twos, fives and tens.
The children will be learning about wild plants and garden plants. They will also have the opportunity to investigate the things that plants need in order to grow and stay healthy.
We will be learning how to use a computer programme to draw and label the parts of a plant.
We will be learning about the story of ''The Sower'' .
- Read with your child regularly and discuss their books.
- Read some non fiction books about plants and growing plants.
- Talk about what they have learnt at school.
- Practise measuring length, weight and capacity.
P.E. will be on Tuesday and Thursday
Remember your P.E. kit on Tuesday and Thursday.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit and each item is clearly labelled.
Please ensure that your book bag is in school every day.
The secret password this term is 'flower'.