Welcome to 1SO web page
- Our connector this Summer 2term is
- 'City Explorers'.
- It will include the study of United Kingdom focusing on London.
- The children will have the opportunity to learn about landmarks and the human and physical features of our city.
The children will be counting in multiples of 2s, 5s, and 10s and solving problems involving multiplication and division.
They will also recognize and know the value of different denominations of coins and notes.
The year will end with fun activities involving measures such as weight and capacity.
In Science, the children will learn to identify and name everyday materials and describe their physical properties. They will also be looking at seasonal changes.
This term the children will be recognizing the way technology is used at home, in school and in our community.
In RE/PSHE we will be exploring special places which will include talking about what makes a place special and how everyone's special places are different .
- Read with your child regularly and discuss their books.
- Read some non fiction books about London, United Kingdom and The Landmarks in London.
- Talk about what they have learnt at school.
- Practise counting in multiples of 2s,5s and 10s,recognizing the value of different denominations of coins and notes.
P.E. will be on Tuesday and Thursday
Remember your P.E. kit on Tuesday and Thursday.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit and each item is clearly labelled.
Please ensure that your book bag is in school every day.
The secret password this term is 'London'.