'Baa Baa Tweet Tweet'
Our connector this term is 'Baa Baa Tweet Tweet'. Through this connector we will be teaching our children about the different animals found at the farm yard. We will be learning about the similarities and differences of the animals and learning descriptive words to talk about their features, textures and size.
We will also be developing our awareness of animal sounds through familiar nursery rhymes. This will support children's ability to differentiate between animal sounds and environmental sounds. We will hopefully also have a visit from an animal farm company to ensure that the children have a real and meaningful experience to consolidate their learning through exploration of live animals.
We will be exploring the life cycle of different creatures born during the Spring time such as frogs, chicks and rabbits and talk about our favourites.
Our foundation stage curriculum is split into two sections. We focus on the prime areas and specific areas of learning. Below is the learning objectives we will aim to achieve during the first part of our settling term.
Prime areas of learning:
Personal, Social and Emotional Development:
- Have an awareness of behavioural expectations in the setting
- Learn social skills and enjoy being with and talking to adults and other children
- Show increasing confidence in new situations
- Take turns and share fairly
- Engage in activities requiring hand-eye coordination
- show increasing control over clothing
- Show awareness of own needs in regard to hygiene
Communication and Language:
- Use talk to recall and relive past experiences
- Have confidence to speak to others about their own wants and interests
- Join in with repeated refrains in rhymes and stories
Specific areas of learning:
Literacy: Listen to and join in with stories
Mathematics: Show curiosity about numbers / match numbers and quantity
Understanding of the World: Identity features about the natural world
Expressive Arts and Design: Explore colour and begin to differentiate between colours / use available props to support role-play
Click on the images below to play farm animal games.
We welcome parental support and contribution on our learning journey.
Time for talk challenge:
I am an animal with a very tall neck. You can find me in the zoo. I have 4 long legs and yellow skin with brown patches.
What am I?
I am an animal who lives on the farm. I lay eggs and make a 'cluck cluck' noise.
What am I?