Welcome to Reception
Dear Parents/Carers, although school is closed to most children for now, we can still stay in touch via the Tapestry App. Please post photos and videos of the learning you are doing at home. Thank you to all parents and carers for the amazing work you have been doing with your children at home during this difficult time!
Please check this web page on a weekly basis for updates.
Monday 1st June to Friday 5th June
We hope that you had a good half term and have been enjoying the sunshine. We hope you were able to try some of the Mental Health Awareness Week activities.
1. Our story of the week is 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear' by Eric Carle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WST-B8zQleM
2. Can you make your own book and draw the animals from the story on each page. Can you write the sentence from the story in your book.
3. Can you paint/ draw one animal from the story.
4. Can you count in 1s to 10, 20 even 100.
5. Can you count in 2s and 10s.
6. Can you write the numbers?
7. Phonics this week is the 'oo' 'poo at the zoo' sound. (too, zoo, boot, hoof, zoom, cool, food, root, moon, roof)
8. Can you read and write these sentences:
* I went to the zoo.
* We will meet soon.
* The moon is big.
* My boots are red.
Now write your own sentence with the 'oo' sound.
9. Can you learn these tricky words: he, she, we, be, me