Welcome Back to Reception !
Dear Parents and Carers, although school is closed to most children, we are trilled and very excited to have some of the children back. The numbers in class are much smaller in order to better manage the risks from spreading Covid-19, but remember that we can still stay in touch via the Tapestry App. Please continue to post photos and videos of the learning and exciting things you are doing at home.
Thank you to all parents and carers for the amazing work you have been doing with your children at home during this difficult time!
Our Weekly Planning
Monday 6th July to Friday 10th July
We are continuing to explore the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Draw a story map of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Don’t forget to label your story map.
Can you now retell the story?
Be a fashion designer! What will the bears wear?
Will it be a winter bear with a hat and scarf? Or a summer bear with sunglasses?
Our sound this week is "igh ".
Hear it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qy0VtMS_FM
Reading and Writing
I can jump high.
Is it dark at night?
Can you think of any sentences using words with igh?
Short and Longer
Shortest and Longest
Learn it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8i_dar_Uvo
When you go to the park pick up as many sticks as you can. Put them in order from the shortest to the longest.
Monday 29th June to Friday 3rd July
This week our story is Goldilocks and The Three Bears.
Can you listen to the story and draw your favourite scene?
Our sound this week is "ow ".
Hear it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ph6nnHrVwY
Reading and Writing
The cow is brown.
I like owls.
Can you think of any sentences using words with ow?
Collect as many coins as possible. Can you sort the coins?
Can you add two coins together and write the number sentence? for example:
3p + 2p = 5p
Monday 15th June to Friday 19th June
1. Our story this week is 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt?' by Michael Rosen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL36gMrHJaI
2. Can you act out the story with a grown up.
3. This week you are going to be an author and write your own book! Can you create a simple story map of the story. Can you label your story map?
4. Maths - can you take away your toys? Collect 10 toys, Ask an adult to take some toys away, how many do you have left? Write your number sentences. For example, 5 -2 = 3.
5. Our sound this week is "ng". What words can you think of that end with that sound?
(ring, rang, hang, song, wing, rung, king, long, sing, ping-pong)
6. Can you read and write these sentences using the "ng" sound?
I sing a song.
I ring a bell.
The king has red boots.
What sentences can you think of? Have a go at writing your own ones.